How to Make Your Own Fresh Spring Tea Blend
After a long and cold winter, people tend to feel a bit slow from the heavy food consumed in the past season and the lack of natural sunlight. With the arrival of Spring, it’s time to jump-start your organism and enjoy the warm weather. This Spring Tea blend recipe is the perfect way for you to stay nourished and feel fresh while enjoying the changing of the seasons!
Spring Tea needs to be fresh, clean, and have the ability to help you get a boost. This tea features a refreshing mixture of plants and herbs that are chosen to help the body break down fats, clean the blood, and eliminate waste more efficiently. Drinking this tea on a regular basis might be considered a detox treatment, as you will feel the cleansing effects and, with a proper diet, notice a weight loss effect. In addition to this, your overall energy level will increase, thus stimulating you to go about your day with a positive mood!
- Nettle: This is a go-to ingredient for any cleansing or detox tea. It is used in traditional medicine in order to treat joint pain, liver and kidney ailments, as well as for rashes, acne and allergies. This mineral rich herb gives you a much-needed energy boost to start or sustain your day.
- Burdock: An exceptional natural blood purifier, Burdock root supports liver and kidney function in a risk-free way. Used in Spring Tea, this herb will contribute to the blend with a high concentration of essential fatty acids and phytosterols. Burdock has a sweet flavor and will balance out the rest of the ingredients, for a great taste.
- Calendula: Calendula flowers are used as the main ingredient in a number of beauty products due to their anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Used in this Spring Tea blend, this plant will aid with digestion and keep your skin properly hydrated.
- Lemon: Lemon peel is used in this blend in order to provide support for your liver, as well as to add to the taste of the tea. As it contains vitamin C, lemon peel will also contribute to your energy level and overall health.
- Rose hips: This ingredient will add a fruity flavor to the blend. In addition to the great floral essence, the rose hips also contain a high concentration of vitamin C, and will work with the lemon to keep you energized.
Making the Spring Tea Blend:
In order to make 4 cups of Spring Tea you will need to combine the below ingredients, and store them in an airtight container to preserve their freshness and healing properties:
- 2 tablespoons dried nettle leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon dried, seedless rose hips
- 1 tablespoon dried burdock root
- 1/2 tablespoon dried lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon dried calendula flower
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rose petals
For a single cup of Spring tea, simply pour one cup of boiling water over 1 and half tablespoons of the blend. Cover the cup and steep for a minimum of 20 minutes. For a more intense taste, you can let the tea steep for a longer period. After steeping, strain the tea and drink it hot or cold, as desired. If the tea needs sweetening, add the desired amount of organic honey, but not too much as you can lose the flavor of the Spring Tea blend. Spring Tea can be drank on a daily basis, without any health risks.